Open House 2016

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - Posted by Ms. Mini at 5:40 PM
Believe it or not, this was the first "Open House" I've ever had to do. My first year of teaching was such a blur I can't remember if we even had one last year--because if we did I certainly didn't stay. Oopsies! But thankfully this year I was prepared!

Our kids received a passport when they attended open house and they had to visit 5 different places throughout the school in order to get a ticket for the raffle. The prize? A new bike! One of the stops? Of course, the music room. 
Similar to the "musical petting zoo" that so many have posted, I followed suite and the kids enjoyed playing (and ohhhh did they play...my ears were ringing in the hours afterward). I also had the kindergarden and 1st grade playlist on in the background; so many students loved performing our classroom dances for their parents!
What other things have you done for open house?